– Explore the famous Gothic architecture of Torun
– Wander down intact medieval streets
– Taste gingerbread baked to a 16th-century recipe
– Visit the home where astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus was born
Travel back in time and explore the charming old city of Torun on the banks of the River Vistula. With easy pick-ups from the Tri-City towns of Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia, you will drive south to see all the most significant monuments of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Upon arrival, a guide will meet you to lead you through the Old Town, starting with the Leaning Tower, part of the city’s medieval walls. Left undamaged by World War II, the Old Town of Torun was inscribed by UNESCO in 1997 for its largely intact medieval street plan and outstanding buildings. You will also explore the adjacent New Town, founded in 1264 and amalgamated into the Hanseatic League 12 years later. Admire the red-brick merchant houses and Gothic spires of churches, such as the late Gothic Church of St. James. Go to the ruins of the Castle of the Teutonic Order, destroyed by the town’s residents in 1454. Step into the house where Nicolaus Copernicus was born, and learn about his life and work in astronomy, continued at the Planetarium. Finally, sample some of Torun’s famous gingerbread, baked according to a 16th-century recipe.
Time: 8 h
• Private Tour Guide in Torun (3h)
• Private transport
• Entrance tickets to St John Catedral
Good to Know:
• Tour can include visits to Gingerbread Museum, Copernicus House, Bell Tower, Planetarium and Orbitarium
• Pick up from your hotel in Gdansk, Sopot, Gdynia, Please indicate your meeting point.
Departure: 09:00 or 10:00
*With large groups, the prices are settled individually